Friday, July 11, 2008

Shannon & I share a day

Shannon needed to go to San Antonio to interview a prospective coach. Of course, I couldn't let her go by herself even though she will be going by herself in 5 weeks. I made her drive so hopefully, she will start noticing landmarks and stuff when she moves to San Antonio. (It didn't work - the next day she & Chris went for another interview and they missed the exit) I read some Zen Golf to her on the way down - she was thrilled. She was nervous and I reassured her she had nothing to be nervous about - it was the coach that would be nervous. Then she asked me "what if they don't like me?" Sigh. My precious baby girl - everyone likes you! They can't help it when you're so sweet. Maybe someday she'll figure that out. She went into the restaurant and I went shopping at the La Cantera shops. It's a very nice mall but of course, I got all turned around and walked an extra mile in shoes that weren't very comfortable (our white slides). For my lunch I tried a chicken sub from Grilled Subs but it smelled funny so I threw it away after 2 bites and got a Chick-Fil-A. They gave me fried when I requested grilled so I had to take the 1st one back. It took me a while to get settled and eat but I finally accomplished it. I remembered I had a Nordstrom's gift card so I headed over there. I found a cute pink shirt and was just about to buy it when Shan called and said she was done. She was excited about the coach they interviewed. She was an assistant from A&M and Shan liked that she was married w/ 2 kids (she was really worried about having a gay coach). She also liked that Wendy wanted them to work with a real sports psychologist. I took her to show her the t-shirts she buys at Nordstrom's were on sale for $10 and she ended up buying 4 other shirts and some shorts. Maybe I'll have to add her on to my Nordstrom's account. When we were done, we went outside to find the truck and it was really dark and the wind was blowing hard! We were clutching our bags. Right after we got in the truck, it started pouring. Glad we didn't wait 5 minutes!

No comments: